Consent Data Privacy
With this document, Bayer AG (hereinafter “us”, “our” or “we”) wishes to provide you with information on how we handle your personal data and to obtain your consent for specific purposes as outlined below.
Handling of personal data
Unless otherwise indicated in the following chapters, the legal basis for the handling of your personal data results from the fact that it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interest to promote our products and services:
- Customer relationship management We maintain a customer relationship management system where we store personal data about you:
- “Contact Information”: This category of personal data encompasses e.g. your name, address, phone/fax/mobile-number, e-mail or other online contact information. We receive Contact Information from personal contacts with you or from commercial address traders as well as from publicly available sources, e.g. websites. We use your Contact Information in order to promote our products and services or deliver urgent medical information regarding our products.
- “Information about your interests”: Aiming at continuously improving your experience with our products and services, we also document and analyze our personal contacts with you, e.g. when we show you tablet-based materials. For this purpose, we document which topics have been shown to you, for how long and in which order as well as your reaction to individual topics.
- Deliver marketing/medical communications We may use your Contact Information to communicate with you through phone calls, direct mail, e-mail or other electronic communication (e.g., fax, chats on websites, text messages, messenger messages or remote detailing/incl. customer services on demand) in order to deliver marketing/medical communications containing information about services, products or events related to your medical specialty. However, marketing/medical communications via e-mail or other electronic communications (“Electronic Marketing/Medical Communications”) as well as via phone calls are subject to you providing your consent.
- Analyses of your use of our Electronic Marketing/Medical Communications In order to customize our Electronic Marketing/Medical Communications to meet your needs and preferences and subject to you providing your consent, we analyze your use of our Electronic Marketing/Medical Communications, for example whether you opened and how you used our Electronic Marketing/Medical Communication (e.g. which links you clicked)
Transfer of personal data to third parties
We transfer or give access to your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We use specialized service contractors that help us providing our services. Such service contractors are carefully selected and regularly monitored by us. Based on respective data processor agreements, they will only process personal data upon our instruction and strictly in accordance with our directives.
- We may transfer your above-referenced personal data to other Bayer affiliates that need to be involved in managing a service or communication towards you, e.g. in case of a congress in another country organized by another local Bayer affiliate. However, other Bayer affiliates will only directly deliver corresponding marketing communications via e-mail or other electronic communications to you, if you provide your consent below.
- Your data may in part also be transferred and processed in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), which may have a lower data protection level than European countries. In such cases, we will ensure that a sufficient level of protection is provided for your data, e.g. by concluding specific agreements with the respective data importer.
Retention period for personal data
We only retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose of a continuous customer relationship with you. After 2 years of inactivity, your personal data will be automatically archived for 3 years and then deleted, except where otherwise provided by law (e.g. in connection with a contractual arrangement or pending litigation).
Information regarding your rights
The following rights are in general available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Right of information about your personal data stored by us;
- Right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest, or profiling, unless we are able to proof that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to file a complaint with a data protection authority;
- You may at any time with future effect revoke your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please address your request to Bayer AG, Strategic Marketing Cardiovascular, Müllerstr. 178, 13353 Berlin, phone: +49-30-468-11 11, for E-mail contact please click here.